Another original title comes to the Xbox Live Arcade with Naked Sky Entertainment's RoboBlitz. This is another title that hasn't seen much in the way of hype, so I'm really not sure what to expect from the game. Based on it's description and the available screenshots, I'd have to say that the game plays like a cross between an adventure game and a platformer. While the game itself may not be familiar to most, the engine behind it is - RoboBlitz is the first Live Arcade game designed using Unreal Engine 3 - which probably accounts for it's high price.
Is it worth buying? Having tried the demo, I can tell you I'll probably be passing on this one. The controls seemed a little too loose and as I'm already not a fan of platformers, the game just really isn't my thing. I'd strongly advise downloading the trial before you buy it.
Developer: Naked Sky Entertainment
Genre: Xbox Live Arcade
Release Date: 12/06/06
Console: Xbox 360
Xbox Live: Yes
HDTV Support: 720p
Full Game: 1200 points ($15)
Description as per Xbox.com
"Experience the power of the Unreal Engine 3 for the first time in an Xbox Live® Arcade game with RoboBlitz™. Independent developer Naked Sky Entertainment created RoboBlitz using the latest in game technology to deliver an innovative, high definition experience.
RoboBlitz is a fast-paced, 3-D action game with unique physics, inventive gizmos, creative weapons, and robotic characters. Take on the role of Blitz, a multi-talented robot who must activate an aging space cannon to save his world from a band of maladjusted space pirates. Set in seven distinct environments, RoboBlitz features 19 levels of puzzle-solving and high-intensity action. .
- Multiple levels: Play 19 levels of puzzle-solving and high intensity action set in seven distinct environments.
- Interactive demo: The free trial version consists of three engaging levels.
- Action and puzzles: RoboBlitz is a new breed of game blending fast-paced action, puzzle solving, and a playground of interactive physics.
- Advanced physics: Advanced physics simulation gives you real freedom to solve problems in creative and unexpected ways.
- Unique weapons: Use unique weapons including Fire-Cracker Rocket and Point-to-Point Tractor Beam.
- Changing difficulty: Choose your difficulty level for ease of use and high reparability. The Master Technician mode lets you unlock new achievements and bonus content.
- Content downloads: Expect premium downloadable content for this title in the future, providing new game play elements and unique challenges for RoboBlitz fans." - Xbox.com RoboBlitz page